What do you need to keep your electric bike clean?
- Unsecure the battery
- Get a bucket of water and bike wash
- Have a clean towel ready
- Bike lube and chain oil / E-bike chain cleaner.
4 easy tips to keep your electric bike clean
1) Wipe down your frame with a sponge and soapy water.
Use a soft brush and a dedicated bike wash to help loosen any dirt, be careful to rinse grit off gently so it doesn’t scratch your frame. You may need a degreasing spray on your chain and rear cogs if there is a lot of dirty oil on them.
2) Spray your chain with water dispersant.
Use warm clean water on your sponge to rinse away the soap and degreaser then use a water dispersant spray, such as GT85, to make sure that your chain and rear cogs are lightly oiled. Be very careful to keep this away from your brake discs.
3) Dry thoroughly with a towel.
Use a clean towel to wipe down your frame and dry all parts, finishing with a wipe of your chain to remove any water and excess oil.
4) Pay particular attention to any electronic components.
Make sure any components and connections are completely dry. A quick spritz of water dispersant spray around connections can help drive out any water that may accidentally have got in.
- Do not use a pressure washer
- Dry all electrical components
- Don’t neglect your bike.
Watch the video.