CityGo C7 HMS
- Lights are integrated into the frame, for optimum protection
- Dual protection against theft: a chain link lock in addition to the frame lock
- Stow the chain link lock easily in its unique case
- Low step and High step frames with smart contrasting colours
Discover the CityGo C7 HMS
As a cost-efficient e-bike with a mid-mounted motor, the CityGo HMS has everything that makes these Gazelle models so loved. From the striking design with a contrasting colour top tube to the integrated LED lighting with an optional front carrier. This enables the robust HMS model to feel at home in busy urban traffic or cycle tracks. The flexible Shimano Steps E5000 motor delivers smooth assistance as soon as it sets off.
Available in 2 color(s)
Discover this bike
The CityGo is the ultimate bike for busy cities with integrated lighting. Transport anything you want on the design carrier: your laptop, the shopping and much more. In a packed bicycle shed the CityGo stands out thanks to its unique components and striking styling. The CityGo is fitted as standard with a ring lock and chain lock, This gives you extra protection against theft.
The lighting is integrated in the frame and can withstand the occasional knock. For example, if someone accidentally brushes up against your bike in the bike racks. The lighting power comes from your battery; you simply switch it on via the display. You therefore always have good lighting and can cycle safely on the street!
Do you want a bike on which you can carry a lot of things? Then the CityGo is for you. This can be fitted with a handy front rack. In that case, the front light is moved to the front of the carrier. And so you remain easily visible. Perhaps the most difficult thing is choosing between a metal or bamboo front carrier.
Our powerful battery provides excellent range
|Price: This is included in the MSRP|
Shimano STEPS E-5000 (40Nm)
The Shimano E5000 motor is a very light (2.5 kg) and silent motor. The motor is excellent for in and around the city. So ideally suited for commuting to work as well as the daily shopping. In addition, you use very little battery capacity, which means you
Accessories for CityGo C7 HMS
Royal Dutch Gazelle - Ride like the Dutch
Royal Dutch Gazelle has been making quality bikes for more than 130 years. We do this with a focus on innovation and full of passion.Read about the history of Gazelle
Royal Dutch Gazelle - Ride like the Dutch
Frequently asked questions about the CityGo C7 HMS
How does an electric bike work?
An electric system consists of a number of main components:
- The battery: integrated into the luggage carrier or located behind the seat tube (depending on the model);
- The motor: built into the frame at the bottom bracket;
- The display: fitted on the handlebar;
- Sensors: every electric system has a speed sensor, which as its name suggests, measures how fast the bike is being ridden. In addition, riding behaviour is determined by a rotation sensor or a pedal force sensor depending on the model. The Impulse system in addition has a fourth sensor, namely the shift sensor. This sensor cuts out assistance for a quarter of a second while you are shifting which enables you to keep on pedalling while shifting.
Together the sensors determine the amount assistance provided by the motor based on your assistance level setting and the pedal force you are applying. You set the assistance level yourself using the handlebar grip control.
How does an electric bike work?
Which factors affect range?
Range is dependent on various factors. Thus, the speed at which you ride the bike will have a major impact. See below for the average range at various speeds. In addition to speed, there are order external factors that affect the range. The range advertised in our brochures and manuals is based on averages. Thus, it is assumed that the average rider weighs 70 kg, cycles on relatively flat terrain and shifts gears actively. Below you will find that leading factors that affect range:
- Weight. The total weight of the bike, the rider and load will affect the range.
- Gear-shifting behaviour. Actively shifting gears increases the range. Just like a car, when setting off from a standstill, you should start in the lowest gear. Never start in the highest gear; this will adversely affect your range.
- Type of sensor. E-bikes are fitted with a pedal force sensor or a rotation sensor. A pedal force sensor amplifies your own effort whereas a rotation sensor only provides assistance while pedalling. Put another way, the rider will always get maximum assistance with a rotation sensor, which results in less range.
- Type of read surface. The surface over which you are cycling has a substantial effect on your range. Thus, cycling along an unpaved road surface will reduce your range.
- The weather. Cycling with a tailwind or into a headwind will increase or reduce your range. Temperature will also affect it. Thus, at extremely low temperatures (< o degrees) the battery is able to store less energy, which reduces the distance you can cycle.
- Hilly terrain You can cycle further on flat terrain than in the hills. The magnitude of the impact will also depend on the type of electric system. Thus, a mid-mounted motor is better suited to hills due to the motor’s thermal stability.
- Tyre pressure
In view of the fact that you will probably experience a number of the abovementioned factors, here are a number of examples of the magnitude of their impact;
- If you are cycling on good tarmac in a hilly area and you weigh 95 kg, then you may well find your range reduced by up to 20% compared to what is shown for the average range.
- If you are cycling into a strong headwind, it can make a difference in range of up to 40%.
- If you are cycling along an unpaved road, it will make cut your range by around 30% compared to cycling on tarmac.
Specifications of CityGo C7 HMS
Frame & Fork
- Frame shape High-step, low-step
- Size 49, 54, 59, 64
- Frame description Stable, lightweight oversized aluminium frame with 70.5° headset angle and 71.5° saddle tube angle gives positive steering characteristics. Both the high-step and low-step frames are fitted with a prominent double top tube
- Frame material Aluminium
- Fork material Steel
- Fork suspension type unsprung
Brake & transmission
Handlebar & Seat
- Handlebar description Aluminium, comfort curved model
- Adjustable stem Yes
- Grip type Gazelle Aerowing
- Grips Plastic wear-resistant handlebar grips for a firm grasp
- Saddle Selle Royal
- Light front description LED headlamp, on/off switching via display
- Front light powersource Battery
- Front light lux 20
- Front light type Axa Compact Line 20
- Rear light powersource Battery
- Rear light type Spanninga Elips
- Ebike system short description Shimano STEPS
- Engine location mid-drive motor
- Max speed (mph) 15,5 mph
- Torque 40
- Engine model Shimano STEPS E-5000 (40Nm)
- Ebike sensors pedal force sensor, rotation sensor, speed sensor
- Battery type Li-ion
- Battery position Down tube
- Battery replaceable Yes
- Battery system Shimano
- Warranty frame 10 years’ warranty
- Warranty fork 10 years’ warranty
- Warranty paint 5 years’ warranty
- Warranty other parts 2 years’ warranty
- Warranty battery 2 years’ warranty
- Warranty motor 2 years’ warranty
- Warranty diplay 2 years’ warranty
- Lock description Ring lock with an option for a plug-in cable to attach your bike to a fixed object for extra protection against theft
- Lock safety level ART ** certified
- Lock Type AXA Solid Plus
- Chaincase description Plastic
- Kickstand type drop-down rear stand
- Chaincase type Chain case
- Rear carrier description Aluminum
- Max. load rear carrier (kg.) 25 kg