Gazelle Santa Cruz Experience Center Terms and Guidelines
- You will need to sign our liability waiver and must be approved for a credit card pre-authorization before riding.
- Under the age of 18? A parent or legal guardian will need to be present and fill out a waiver at the time of their demo.
- Be on time for your appointment and return your bike before the end of your rental period.
- Bring your photo ID, credit card, appropriate footwear, and helmet for your appointment
- Demo bikes are to be ridden from the Experience Center only and not permitted to be transported by car
- Demo Bikes are to be ridden responsibly and lawfully, obeying all local signage and regulations. Helmets and appropriate safety equipment must be in use at all times.
- Gazelle bikes are meant for riding on paved surfaces only. Do not take demo bikes off-road or onto the sand.
- Experience Center staff reserve the right to refuse service and demo rides. If you have already made a reservation and service is refused, a full refund will be provided.
- Any damage incurred to Gazelle Experience Center property must be paid in full.
- Any failure to return Gazelle Experience Center property will result in a charge at full replacement value.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- Reservations may be canceled up to 24 hours in advance of your appointment to receive a full refund. You may reschedule your reservation based on availability.
- No-show reservations will be charged in full.
- Appointments cannot be extended. If you arrive late to your appointment, you will only have whatever remaining time is left in your reservation period to demo a bike. If you know you are going to be late, please call us to reschedule.
- In rare cases of very poor weather, we will offer same-day full refunds.
Can I buy a Gazelle bike at the Experience Center?
While we don’t sell ebikes at the Gazelle Experience Center, we are happy to refer you to local dealers that have inventory available.
How are reservation fees used?
Reservation fees are donated to support local cycling infrastructure and community initiatives.
Can the Gazelle Experience Center help service my ebike or process warranty claims?
Can I bring my pet?
Service animals only - we love our furry friends, however, animals are not permitted in the space save for service animals with appropriate documentation.
What’s included in my demo appointment?
Your bike demo appointment will include basic bike fitting, bike education, route advice, add-ons if needed, and final bike recommendation including email follow-up, and coffee.
What happens if I am late for my appointment or bring the bike back late?
If you are arriving late, please contact us to reschedule your appointment or delay it. We will try to accommodate you but bikes may be fully booked. If you arrive late without contacting us, you will lose time from your demo period and will still be required to return your bike at the original reservation time.
We offer a 15-minute grace period for late returns. Anything later will be charged an hourly rate of $25. Getting a personalized recommendation is essential to the Gazelle experience. Don’t cheat yourself out of it.
What should I do if I get a flat, run out of battery or have another problem during my demo ride?
Should you encounter technical or mechanical problems during your demo ride, please call 831-600-8745 as soon as it happens. We will send someone out to assist you.
What is your cancellation and refund policy?
Reservations may be canceled up to 24 hours in advance of your appointment to receive a full refund. You may reschedule your reservation based on availability.
Where will I ride during my demo?
The Experience Center staff will make personalized route recommendations for you based on your riding style, experience, and preferences. We have designed routes to complement the range of bikes we offer as well as scenic highlights. Check out our ride guide for a preview of our routes.
Why can’t I make a reservation for a specific day?
Days that are greyed out in our reservation program reflect days that we are regularly closed (Tuesdays and Wednesdays) or days where we are closed for holidays or special events.
Why can’t I reserve a specific bike?
We only have a limited number of bikes available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Some models are in particularly high demand. If you continuously struggle to reserve a specific bike, please contact us and we will try to accommodate you.
What is included with each demo?
Your demo appointment includes: 1) Bike fitting and operational instruction by Experience Center staff 2) Personalized route guidance based on your preferences, ability, and specific demo bike 3) Free optional add-ons including smartphone mounts, chain locks, and panniers 4) a post-demo ride debrief to provide the best final bike recommendation for you 5) Email follow up with recommended model and local retailer information.
Experience Center Hours
Thursday: 10am - 5pm*
Friday: 10am - 5pm*
Saturday: 10am - 5pm*
Sunday: 10am - 5pm*
Monday: 10am - 5pm*
* The Gazelle Experience Center is subject to closure for private events and major holidays, please check our Google Business listing for any potential changes to our hours of operation or call ahead to confirm. Reservation will not be possible on closed days and we will work to reschedule appointments in case of a time conflict.